Jobs for teens? Online jobs for teens? Part time job for teens? Job ideas for teenager? These are some things you might be searching for if you are looking to keep busy while you’re homebound.
So, you’re a teenager who wants to make some money and looking for ways for teens to make money online or just looking for online jobs for teens. What’s the first thing someone tells you when you say that you want to make some money? They tell you to fill out an application at your favorite fast-food restaurant, grocery store or start delivering newspapers. All those jobs are good, but you want something different. And what if you can’t leave home to do it? Let’s be honest and say those jobs are not exactly what you want, and what you want more than anything is to do something you like. Hopefully, one of these legit online jobs for teens will strike your fancy and put some cash in your pocket. We know you want to make money online as a teen so this article will answer your question – how can teens make money online?
Website and Ways for teens to make money online
Before you sign up to work with any of these companies, please make sure you are aware of your state’s labor age restrictions or the site’s age restrictions. Consult with a parent or an adult, if unsure.
Begin selling your unwanted stuff on eBay.com and then reinvest your profits into items you find at yard and garage sales. You’ll be surprised to discover that you can buy things at yard sales for less than a dollar that might bring in ten dollars or more at auction. Good thing with eBay is that you can do this as a summer job for teens, or just part-time jobs for teens. If you are searching – teen jobs near me – selling on eBay is as close as you can get for online jobs near you.
Pros of selling on eBay are
- You can sell almost anything.
- Sometimes a bidding war will begin, and the price of your item will go up like a rocket.
- Creating listings on eBay is a snap, and you don’t need any technical skills.
Cons of selling on eBay
- Sometimes buyers aren’t happy and want their money back.
- Some customers will only buy from you if you offer PayPal as a payment option.
- Not everything sells on eBay, and you might end up with stuff no one wants.
Freelancer.com is a freelance site where you can earn top dollar for performing a variety of tasks. No matter what your skills are, you will find something that you can do as a side hustle here. We love Freelancer.com since you this will work for your need for an online job for teens. You might be able to find one of the highest paying jobs for teens on this site as well as the best job for teenagers, depending on your skills.
Pros of Freelancer
- Lots of different categories for almost every type of work you can think of.
- Companies who hire freelancers at Freelancer tend to pay more money.
- Freelancer offers many forms of communication so you can communicate with buyers easily.
Cons of Freelancer
- You’re up against professionals who have much more experience than you do.
- You can get lost in a sea of freelancers who are all fighting for the same customers as you are.
Upwork.com is an aggressive company that keeps gobbling up smaller freelance companies. That’s good news for you since that means they have plenty of traffic and that translates into customers. Upwork is a great start for at home jobs for teens or even first jobs for teens once they understand the system as it’s relatively easy to work with. This might be one of the best jobs for teenagers online, especially during the summer months.
Pros of Upwork
- You get to tap into a massive traffic source that gives you an almost unlimited supply of customers.
- You’re limited only to your talents as there is almost every type of freelancing gig here that you can think of.
Cons of Upwork
- Much like with Freelancer, you’re up against people who have much more experience than you.
- You might have difficulties landing your first customers unless you have an outside traffic source such as social media. If you have active social media accounts, use them to promote your Upwork profile to get your first few customers.
Are you the creative type? If so, then Etsy.com is a place you should check out. You can sell all kinds of items there. The best thing about Etsy is that their customers love unique one-of-a-kind items. This tends to be a fun job for teens and best summer jobs for teens when you’re home from school and have some time to dedicate to making your own goods for sale. It’s certainly a great way to make money when you are looking for jobs for teens with no experience as your products are based on your specific experience and not what anyone else expects you to know. Etsy could be a great part-time job for teenagers on work from home for teenagers. Once you get into the Etsy system, it’s easy to make more products to hopefully increase sales.
Pros of Etsy
- They have tons of customers who love to buy all kinds of things
- Etsy has top-notch analytics that you can use to study the behavior of your traffic.
- It’s so easy to set up your store. Anyone can have an Etsy store up and running in no time.
Cons of Etsy
- You’re only allowed to sell handmade items.
- Etsy charges you both listing and transaction fees
- You might find that your niche is saturated, and it could be difficult to sell items.
Fiverr.com is by far the most popular freelancing site on the internet. No one works harder to make sure your gigs get traffic than Fiverr does. If you can’t make money on Fiverr, then you’re not trying hard enough. This is a great first job for teens, or kids looking for after-school jobs for teens as you can work at your own pace on Fiverr. The process to sign up and begin earning in Fiverr is relatively easy and so if you are looking for how to make money as a teen, and specifically how to make money online, Fiverr is an easy place to work with. This probably qualifies as a stay at home jobs for teenagers and can be top paying if you have the right gigs.
Pros of Fiverr
- You can create a gig and offer it with almost any skill that you can think of.
- Fiverr has a ton of traffic, and they buy lots of stuff.
- You’re allowed to have multiple gigs running, and that increases your likelihood of getting customers.
Cons of Fiverr
- It takes between 14-17 days for you to get paid for your work.
- Sometimes customers will ask for a refund.
- Customers expect you to do a lot of work for very little money.
You may have known someone who bought their car off of Craigslist.com It’s also a site many freelancers use to make money. This will not be a job for teens that you should not take on without the supervision of an adult or parent. Yes, even though Craigslist is an online place that you find a job, you still have to be careful when talking with people online.
Pros of Craigslist
- You can do business with local people in your area.
- There’s a wide variety of work that you can do.
Cons of Craigslist
- Some people might want you to meet them, and that’s not safe.
- Sometimes con artists will ask you to do work for them and not pay you.
7. Amazon KDP
Do you have a novel in you waiting to come out? If so, then Amazon KDP is an excellent choice for you. Amazon KDP enables you to sell your books in a digital and online format that’s easy for you and convenient for customers. If you are wondering how to make money online as a teenager, this would be a great place to start if you like to write. We think that if you write really well, this could be one of the best jobs for teenagers online.
Pros of Amazon KDP
- Amazon is the world’s largest retailer, and that means they have a lot of readers.
- You can write eBooks about any genre.
- You set the price for your book.
Cons of Amazon KDP
- It’s hard to get noticed with so many authors publishing books every day.
- You might have to lower your price to $.99 to make any money.
- Writing an eBook doesn’t guarantee sales. If you get no sales, then you’ve wasted your time.
You’ve probably seen all kinds of T-shirts being sold on the internet. Teespring is one of the most famous sites that allow you to sell shirts with designs that you create. If you are searching – side jobs near me, or easy jobs near me, or even part-time jobs near me for teenagers – start with Teespring if you’re a good designer.
Pros of Teespring
- You’re in total control of the design process.
- You set the price for your shirts.
- You can promote your shirts on social media and get sales.
Cons of Teespring
- Creating a design that sells is harder than it looks
- You’re competing with professional marketers who have better marketing tactics.
9. Record audiobooks for ACX
Audiobooks are flying off-the-shelf right now. Some people prefer to have a book read to them than to read it themselves. At ACX.com, you get paid to record yourself reading books. If you have a good voice, this could be one of the best how to make money as a teenage online for someone with a great voice.
Pros of ACX
- You can earn a flat rate or royalties for reading books.
- You set your own hours and work when you want.
- Reading out loud isn’t difficult work, and you can make quite a bit of money doing it.
Cons of ACX
- You need a high-quality microphone.
- Customers expect flawless audio recordings with no background noise.
- You will need to learn how to use audio editing software.
Redbubble.com is a lot like Teespring in that you can use it to sell shirts. The great thing about Redbubble is, you can sell other things as well. You can sell shirts, pillows, stationery, and even phone cases. So if you’ve been looking for good jobs for teenagers, or online jobs for teenagers that pay, you could explore Redbubble.
Pros of Redbubble
- Your designs can be on a variety of products and not only shirts.
- Promote your products with free traffic from social media.
Cons of Redbubble
- It takes a lot of skill to create designs that sell.
- Like with Teespring, you’re competing with a lot of people trying to sell shirts and more.
The new gig economy ensures that freelancing is here to stay!
Don’t feel like working in a fast food resturant, grocery store, or clothing store? You don’t have to. There are so many online jobs for teens. You don’t need any special skills to get a job. If you just want to earn a few bucks, then do some virtual assistant work at Fiverr or one of the other freelance sites. Being a virtual assistant is easy, and you’ll do repetitive tasks like cutting and pasting, answering customer support questions or managing social media accounts. Another great thing about freelancing is that you can take the skills you learn and use them to make money while you’re in college. The extra money will come in handy when times are tough, and you can’t go home to raid the refrigerator.
So whether you are looking for part time jobs for teenagers, summer teen jobs, stay at home jobs for teenager, jobs near me, summer camp jobs, after school jobs, make money jobs for teens and teenagers all over the world including NYC, Chicago, Houston, CT, etc, these top 10 website for teen jobs are a great start.